Parking, garages and bike storage


Residents of VPE get free parking space for one car, plus a guest permit, and can park anywhere on the estate. To get one, you’ll need to go in person to either:

  • The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington Street, SE18 6HQ
  • The Eltham Centre, 2 Archery Road, SE9 1HA

Make sure to take with you two forms of proof of address, as well as your car’s MOT, insurance documents and log book. Read more detail on how to apply for a permit.


Garages within the estate are available to let, along with other council-owned garages in the area, although there is currently a waiting list. Learn more about how to apply for a garage, then once you’ve applied, contact the Greenwich Tenancy West team on 020 8921 6364 which should speed things up.

Bike storage

There is also a waiting list for bike storage, but more units have been promised. For details and to apply contact the Greenwich Tenancy West team on the number above.

Recycling and waste

Communal bin stores can be found across the estate. There’s clear signage of what type of waste should be disposed of in each area, so please sort your rubbish accordingly.

The recycling bin stores are now locked to prevent contamination. Email to request your key to access the recycling bins.

Free, clear plastic bin liners for dry recycling can be ordered online via Greenwich council, but there is normally a three week wait – it’s much faster to head to one of the following local libraries for collection:

Just remember to bring proof of ID with you.

Food and garden waste can be contained in corn starch or paper sacks, which break down and can be used for composting. Again, you’ll find them on the Greenwich council website, although there is a small cost.

Bulky rubbish including broken furniture, old appliances and waste building materials can be disposed of at:

If you lack the necessary transport, you can leave bulky items for disposal outside the caretaker’s office. But please, don’t leave any bulky items inside or outside the bin chambers or on the road.

Residents’ Association

Each month, the Residents’ Association gets together to discuss all things VPE: chasing long-standing maintenance, liaising with the council and promoting social cohesion.

All-residents’ meetings take place three times a year (February, June and October) at our local community centre, Mycenae House, 90 Mycenae Road, SE3 7SE. Everyone who lives on the estate is welcome to join – look out for posters around the estate, or check back to this site for confirmation of dates.

If you need to get in touch with one of the VPERA members, email or text the VPERA secretary on 07715 214200, and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

Residents’ Association Constitution

Our Residents’ Association was set up to represent those that live on Vanbrugh Park Estate, by helping to maintain and improve the estate, as well as promote community spirit. If you’d like to get involved or simply learn more about what the committee does, you can download the constitution document below.

Download constitution

Estate caretaker

Our caretaker’s office is found at the north-east corner of the estate (near the corner of Vanbrugh Park Road and Westcombe Park Road). The head of the caretaker team is Trevor Strange, and he’s often in his office on weekdays between 7am and 11am. The team is available to help with maintenance, safety and cleanliness of communal areas.

If you need to contact Trevor outside these hours, you can email

Repairs (council tenants only)

If you’re a council tenant, the Royal Borough of Greenwich is responsible for the upkeep of your home.

To get a non-urgent repair done, you must first call the council on 020 8921 8900. When reporting the repair, make sure you ask for a job number. Once you have that, the council is obliged to carry out non-urgent repairs within five weeks. If the repair is still outstanding after five weeks, call or text the VPERA secretary on 07715 214200, quoting the job number and the date that you first reported it. The Residents’ Association will chase the relevant council managers on your behalf.

For urgent repairs outside of normal office hours, contact 020 8854 8888.

Important contacts

Greenwich council

Find out key information on how to to pay council tax, apply for a service, or report a problem on the Royal Borough of Greenwich website.

For general enquiries, phone 020 8854 8888. If you’re after a specific department, contact details can be found on their contact page.

Neighbourhood police

In any emergency where a crime is in progress, always call 999. Otherwise, call 101 to discuss anything suspicious. If you have information that might lead police to an arrest, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

If you’d like to talk to a local beat officer, call 020 8721 2635 or 07920 233 828. These only work when there is someone actually walking the beat, but you can leave a text message on the second number.

Local councillors

Ward councillors are elected to represent residents’ needs and concerns at Greenwich council meetings. Many of us have been helped at different times by talking to one of our local councillors about matters related to living on the estate, and our councillors all hold regular meetings with residents.

Our current Blackheath Westcombe ward councillors are:

  • Geoff Brighty, Conservative. Our longest-serving councillor who frequently gets things done for our residents. Phone 020 8921 6393 or 07507 859 205, email

Greenwich Community Directory

This directory helps you search for local information and services across health, social care and community. Get tips on how to live well, services for help at home, opportunities to join volunteer groups across the borough, and much more. For more information, visit Greenwich Community Directory or telephone 0800 470 4831.


Estate residents are covered by two local hospitals:

  • Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Stadium Road, SE18 4QH
  • Lewisham University Hospital, Lewisham High Street, SE13 6LH

Both have A&E departments.