All residents’ meeting: October round-up
The minutes from October’s all-residents’ meeting are now ready to download.
YourVIEW: a voice for council tenants and leaseholders
Would you like to help us improve the housing service you receive? Then join YourVIEW today.
YourVIEW aims to recruit tenants and leaseholders who are keen to give their views and work with the council to help shape and improve our housing service.
By joining YourVIEW, you can have your say and get involved with:
- improving and maintaining the quality of homes (for example, repairs or major works)
- helping people feel safe at home and in their neighbourhoods
- keeping homes affordable
- making sure the environment is clean and welcoming
- supporting to those in need in the community
To find out more, watch the video.
Bin it good!
How’s your waste disposal knowledge? VPERA committee member Virginia made the Bin Challenge game — play with the kids or try it yourself.
Simply dispose of the waste in the right bin in the quickest possible time.
Keep our estate clean
We need your help to
reduce litter around the
estate and ensure our
recycling is effective.
DON’T CONTAMINATE YOUR RECYCLING
If you’re unsure whether an item can be recycled, take it to the waste bin.
DON’T LEAVE BINS OVERFLOWING
If a bin is full, take your items to another one on the estate.
DON’T LEAVE BULKY ITEMS LYING AROUND
Take bulky waste to the designated areas: outside the caretaker’s office and inside the bin store on the south-east corner of the estate.
Estate survey update
Residents request introduction of speed bumps, CCTV by the garages and marked car spaces.
VPERA conduct estate-wide survey. 77 households respond, between 70–80% are not fussed or support each change.
VPERA discuss outcomes with Greenwich council. Their response:
- Will investigate costs to introduce speed bumps.
- Cannot support CCTV due to installation and maintenance costs, and doubts of effectiveness. Make sure you take highest precautions to ensure your garage is secure.
- Will monitor parking via visits from the Tenancy Enforcement Officer as there was strong opposition by some households to marking Yorkstone.
We’ll update you on further developments online, via noticeboards and at the all-residents’ meetings.
About the estate updated with 1960s articles
We’ve updated the history section of this site with links to download two articles written about Vanbrugh Park Estate. Both were published in November 1965 – two years after building was completed – and feature many interesting photos of the estate at the time.
VPE greeting cards for sale
Resident Gillian Fairbanks has created a wonderful series of lino prints depicting three scenes around our estate.
- Six cards for £6
- Includes x2 of each print
- Inside of cards are blank
- Proceeds go to the Vanbrugh Park Estate Residents’ Association
To buy a set, contact Martina at 62 Combe Avenue or email email@example.com.
Let’s talk about life on our estate
Find out about (and get involved in) what’s happening on and around VPE, plus meet other neighbours and our local councillors.
- Report on the residents’ survey
- Update on the recent estate inspection
- Upcoming events for 2019
- New residents’ association members
- Finance report
To add a topic for discussion, text or call VPE secretary Martina on 07715 214200.
Tuesday 19 February 2019
Room 10, 1st floor
90 Mycenae Road